Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Chain chain chain... chain of campion.

The medallion of the An Dub A&S champion is a big pewter medallion on a (in my opinion) unwieldy chain. I noticed the chain was big and clunky, and if memory serves right, made of galvanized wire. It didn't look comfortable in the least to wear. So I decided to do something about that. I think it was in 2014. My husband has been doing chainmaille for well over 14 or more years. He's brilliant at it. He has taught me some weaves and I've picked up a lot of tips just by being around him as he does it and listening to him and his other chainmaille friends, and now as he's streaming on Twitch.

Byzantine is an easy chain to make. I asked Steve what size/gauge rings to use. I asked Eanraig, who was the A&S champion at the time, what the length of the chain was. I made a thinner and more comfortable chain in that length. At the next baronial meeting I handed it off to the Baroness and Eanraig and told them what it was for. I had brought pliers and switched the medallion over and honestly I can't remember what happened to the old chain.

This is a poorly written entry, I apologize for that, but it's a thing I did that I consider helping out the barony, so I wanted to include it in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th-th-th-that's all folks!

My friends keep the best secrets. After presenting some very silly scrolls in morning court Their Majesties said “Oh, Violet. Hang on a seco...