Thursday, July 12, 2018

Keep up OP.

When I became herald pursuivant, my Baroness emailed me a spreadsheet of the baronial Order of Precedence. It was just a spreadsheet with name, mundane name, and what award they have. It also had a separate tab that chronologically listed who got what baronial level award. And it hadn't been updated in 2 years or so.

I tend to over-organize when given the opportunity. But this also makes things like the OP easier to update in the future. Hooray for planning for laziness! So now it is a multi-tabbed spreadsheet hosted on my google cloud. There's separate tabs for:
Society awards
Orders of high merit
Armigerous awards
Order of honors
Other EK awards

There's also a tab that is the "condensed version" that like the original list I got had only the person's name and abbreviations for all the awards they have listed after.

I don't have enough knowledge to see if there's a place I could upload the spreadsheet that would keep it easily updateable and also restrict editing to only specific designated people like the herald and coronet. So it stays on my google cloud and I wield my power over it! Muahahaha!! *ahem* 

I compared names from our OP to the kingdom OP, and email/facebook blasted a few times asking populace to check it over and tell me if there's anything missing. I was appreciative of the Vox Regises (Regisi?) when they would publish unofficial royal court reports, so I would skim them and add anybody to my OP that I knew was from my barony.

I also enjoyed reading the unofficial court reports, so I started doing them for my barony as well. But I think that's another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th-th-th-that's all folks!

My friends keep the best secrets. After presenting some very silly scrolls in morning court Their Majesties said “Oh, Violet. Hang on a seco...