Sunday, July 8, 2018

Obligatory introduction post

In the Society of Creative Anachronism my name is Lady Violet Hughes (Also Purple of An Dubhaigeainn). I live in the East Kingdom, the Barony of An Dubhaigeainn. I'm a member of House Three Skulls and more recently of House Mac Whyte. That more recent one is because I have been proteged to Master Ryan Mac Whyte.

If you have found my blog and are not part of the SCA, feel free to ask questions about what I put here. If you've found my blog and are part of the SCA, still feel free to ask questions about what I put here! 

For the most part I am currently a herald. I just ended my term as baronial herald, so I'm comfortable in my local court. I've read scrolls in Kingdom court twice so far and didn't mess things up so I'd like to continue to help there as I get to events. People are still asking my help for names and devices. While I'm still very unsure of my competence in those I'm doing my best. I also knit, fight heavy list, embroider, make chainmaille, and I'm attempting to learn silent heraldry.

Apprentices have blogs about the art they're doing. Squires have blogs about the fighting they're doing. Proteges I guess should have blogs about stuff they do. Why not? I don't travel outside of the southern region often, so hooray for the internet! Other Pelicans can get to see what shenanigans I'm up to.

Oh, almost forgot: I haven't blogged on any platform besides LiveJournal, so bear with me as I tweak settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Th-th-th-that's all folks!

My friends keep the best secrets. After presenting some very silly scrolls in morning court Their Majesties said “Oh, Violet. Hang on a seco...